what is it?
Quality integrative health care requires a clear understanding of the nature of your health concern. Well selected laboratory and clinical testing provides essential information towards a comprehensive assessment of your health care needs. At Acacia, we provide a wide variety of tests and in-house assessment services to ensure we address your health care needs appropriately.
Our Naturopathic Doctors can requisition conventional blood, stool and urine tests through LifeLabs.
In addition, we can order a broad range of in-depth and informative tests to evaluate:
- Hormonal health
- Neurological health
- Digestive & Liver system function
- Vaginal and Gynecological health
- Immune system status
Within BC you now have access to your lab results online. To sign up click here.
For an overview of some of the many tests offered at Acacia see below:
General Medical Tests
- Complete blood count
- Comprehensive lipid panels
- Assessing for potential nutrient deficiencies such as Iron, B12, Vitamin D
- Liver and kidney function tests
- General chemistry
- and much more…
Neurological and Mental/Emotional Assessment
- Organic acid testing (markers for metabolic and neurological health)
- Blood markers correlated to increased risk for neurodegenerative decline.
Allergy Tests (all tests are subject to professional interpretation)
- Scratch testing for inhalant and environmental allergies
- Blood tests for food sensitivities (IgG, IgA, Lymphocytic Proliferation or ALCAT)
- IgE blood tests for food allergy
- We do not offer scratch testing for food allergy at this time. You require a referral from a GP to an allergist (MD) for this assessment.
- Salivary cortisol and DHEAs tests – adrenal function assessment
- Female salivary & urine hormone tests
- Male salivary & urine hormone tests
- Full thyroid panel (TSH, T3, T4, TPO and Thyroglobulin)
- Fasting insulin
- Pregnancy tests (results in minutes)
- quantitative and qualitative HCG
Digestive and Nutritional Assessment
- Comprehensive digestive assessment (Stool)
- Parasite Testing (stool)
- Candida Testing (stool or by blood marker)
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) testing
- Blood assessment for white blood cell OR red blood cell micronutrient levels
- H.Pylori, Celiac Disease testing
- Lactose intolerance
Toxins, Heavy Metal, and Detoxification Capacity Tests
- Heavy metal testing
- Hair analysis
- 24-hour urine, 6 hour pre and post-challenge (chelator) urine tests for heavy metals
- Methylation status (SAH to SAMe ratio, Homocysteine)
- HPV testing
- Pap Smears (sent to BC Cancer Agency)
Special Access Assessment
- Lyme disease tests (Igenix, Armin labs)
- DAO tests (Histamine Intolerance Testing)
Additional In-House Assessments
- Random blood glucose
- Pulse oximetry (Blood oxygen levels)
- Baby scale
For more information about specific tests offered at Acacia, book an appointment with one of our Naturopathic Doctors.