Dr. Lorna Ciccone, ND, (she/her) is passionate about delivering whole-person care in a graded approach. She views whole-person care from a biological, psychological, social and spiritual perspective and believes each of these aspects of a person’s lived experience is important when it comes to health and healing.
Special interests include:
- Chronic pain/Neuroplastic pain
- Mental health including: anxiety, depression, phobias, panic disorder, OCD, BPD
- Complex chronic illnesses such as ME/CFS and fibromyalgia
- Long-haul viral symptoms
- Medically unexplained diagnoses
- LGBTQ2SIA+ health
- Athletic and performance health including: ultra-endurance, triathletes, and marathoners
- Whole-food, plant-based nutrition
- Neurological Health, including: migraines, Parkinson’s, TBI and post-concussive syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome and gut dysbiosis
She is especially enthusiastic about empowering individuals to own each aspect of their healing process and is trained in conversational techniques designed to evoke this power. Rooted in a trauma-informed lens, Dr. Lorna is committed to delivering health education and treatments designed from the latest in brain science. She uses techniques such as Pain Reprocessing Therapy, mind-body medicine approaches, and therapeutic journaling techniques alongside traditional naturopathic treatments to get to the root cause of an individual’s illness or symptoms. She also loves helping folks find and maintain peak health and wellness through similar techniques tailored to prevent “stuff” from getting in the way.
Dr. Lorna believes in a graded approach to care. She follows the naturopathic ethos by considering the least invasive methods first including dietary and lifestyle changes coupled with addressing emotional health. From there, she considers botanical medicine and supplements, along with manual treatments such as acupuncture and manual muscle treatments. She is also certified in the prescribing of pharmacotherapy and injection therapies, which are thoughtfully considered and personalized for each individual seeking care to accelerate their healing process.
As a member of the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, she is also dedicated to health equity and is personally invested in serving the vast needs of our community. Gender-affirming, inclusive care is at the heart of her work.
In her free time, Dr. Lorna is passionate about biofield science, animal rights, social justice, and exploring the outdoors which she does with her partner and their dog, Zar. She eats a whole-foods, plant-based diet and participates in ultra-endurance events. She reads as many books as possible, but particularly enjoys books read on Audible during any commute. She also loves exploring the depths of her own human experience through meditation, expressing anger, and sharing belly laughs.
Dr. Lorna currently lives on stolen land from the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples, also known as the Songhees and Esquimalt First Nations communities also known as Victoria, British Columbia, and she is grateful to be allowed to be on their land through the Douglas Treaties. She supports the continued negotiations between the Te’mexw Treaty members and the Canadian government. She also acknowledges naturopathic medicine’s role in oppression and colonization and will continue to educate herself on the origins of the practices misappropriated from Indigenous and Asian medical systems.
Training, Education and Certificates:
- Advanced Injection Therapies- Part A
- Prescriptive Authority
- Naturopathic Advanced Life Support
- Fellow of Integrative Medicine at the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine (current), San Diego, CA
- Fellow of Research at the Consciousness and – Healing Initiative (current), San Diego, CA
- Doctor of Naturopathy, Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Toronto, CA
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Tampa, Tampa, FL
- Bachelor of Science, Barry University, Miami Shores, FL
- Certificate in Health Coaching, Emory University, Atlanta GA
- British Columbia Naturopathic Association
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Psychophysiologic Disorders Association
- National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching
- Naturopathic Physician, College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia
- Naturopathic Physician, Washington State Department of Health
- National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach