Special Interest Areas:
- Anxiety (worry, phobia, perfectionism, social and generalized anxiety)
- Depression and low mood
- Interpersonal relationships
- Attachment wounds
- Relationship with self
- Stressful life events
- Trauma, PTSD and OCD
Trained in EMDR with an attachment and somatic focus, and using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
Danielle’s integrated approach is rooted in mindfulness and somatic awareness and treatment is tailored to each client.
The most important aspect of Danielle’s practice is the therapeutic relationship. Each person is unique, and my practice is adaptive to individual personalities, strengths, challenges and diverse life experiences. She offer a nonjudgmental, compassionate, and creative approach rooted in evidence based clinical knowledge.
Danielle is honoured to provide support to clients as they share aspects of their life that cause pain or stagnation. She brings cultural humility and an inclusive perspective to the counselling relationship. She enjoys collaborating with clients to identify areas of life that require healing and areas they wish to nurture and grow. Danielle specializes in trauma, PTSD, anxiety and depression.
Benefits of Counselling:
- Gaining greater influence over internal experiences of thoughts, feelings, and behaviour
- Developing stress management, coping and relaxation skills
- Developing deeper understanding and awareness of self
- Management of difficult emotions
- Improving relationship with self and others
- Healing from trauma and embracing personal growth
- Strengthening parenting skills
- Addressing and reducing repetitive or self-limiting behaviours
- Strengthening self esteem and self acceptance
Danielle offers a strength-based and person-centred approach that is rooted in mindfulness. Examining the relationship between thoughts, feelings, behaviours and exploring body sensations can help address areas of challenge or feeling stuck. Increasing coping skills, developing communication skills, and enhancing personal resiliency can improve healthy responses to difficult life events, help resolve conflicts with the self and others, and support navigation of stressful experiences.
“I love supporting clients to create positive changes in their lives to support healing and enhance
personal growth. I use an integrative approach that utilizes various interventions because
I believe there are many paths to optimal health and wellness.
My role is to offer a nonjudgmental, safe, and collaborative space for clients to explore and
share their challenges while providing strong clinical guidance that supports each client’s
wellness goals. My approach is holistic and rooted in mindfulness to reduce day to day
unhelpful reactivity and increase intentional responsiveness.”
Among other approaches, the following are fundamental to Danielle’s practice:
- CBT is an evidence-based approach to treat anxiety, depression, and trauma (Trauma-focused CBT) by increasing awareness of thoughts, feelings, behaviours, body sensations and beliefs. Identifying, targeting and challenging unhelpful patterns in any of these areas can increase influence to create greater balance and develop more helpful responses. This process can reduce anxiety symptoms, improve mood, address trauma and decrease self-limiting beliefs, allowing for healing and growth.
- Danielle’s practice is DBT informed. DBT is an evidence-based approach that can help address unhelpful/damaging behaviours, difficult interpersonal patterns and overwhelming emotions. DBT supports the development of skills in the areas of mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation and interpersonal effectiveness. A DBT approach and development of DBT skills can reduce feelings of overwhelm and hopelessness and increase healthy balance and personal effectiveness.
- EMDR is an evidence-based treatment for trauma recovery, processing distressing life events, anxiety, depression, OCD, chronic pain and more. EMDR supports clients to reduce symptoms of trauma activation in daily life and increase a sense of healing and resolution to live with greater freedom from distressing symptoms such as panic attacks, flashbacks, nightmares, anxiety and unwanted repetitive thoughts and feelings.
Danielle offers a free 15-min consultations for prospective clients. Please reach out to our administrative team if you would like to book an initial consult.