In response to COVID-19, we have some new protocols for in-person visits:
Before Your Visit
- In advance of your visit you will receive and email with a COVID-19 screening questionnaire. You are required to fill out this questionnaire before entering the clinic for every instance you have a visit. This procedure will help prevent viral exposures to other patients and our staff, as well as alert us that you may be in need of further screening.
- If you or someone in your household is experiencing symptoms or at risk of exposure, please call 811 for guidance.
- When preparing to leave for your visit, please ensure you only bring necessary items. We are limiting what you bring into the clinic.
- Family members or support – Patients should only have a support member in the visit if absolutely necessary. The support person will also be required to don a mask and perform hand hygiene when entering and leaving the clinic.
- Cell phone number – please note we will be calling patients to alert them it is their turn to enter the clinic. Please ensure we have an up-to-date cell number in your Jane online booking profile.
- Please use the washroom at home before you come to the clinic. Our washrooms will be available; however, we want to limit the number of people using them in a day.
When You Arrive
- Leave any unnecessary items in your car. Only bring what you need to your visit.
- Dockside: Please call when you’ve arrived for check-in instruction. 250-475-1522 (ext 2)
- Westside: Please call when you’ve arrived for check-in instruction. 250-475-1522 (ext 1)
- Don a Mask BEFORE entering. Please bring your own mask to all your visits at Acacia. It can be cloth or disposable, as long as it is CLEAN. If you forget, we have disposable masks for purchase for $2 + GST each.
- If you would like more information about the efficacy of different kinds of masks, please visit BCCDC’s info page:
- Hand Hygiene: When you enter the front door, you will see a table or cart with hand sanitizer. Please practice hand hygiene immediately upon entering, and before leaving, the clinic.
While Inside Our Clinic
- In our reception area, we have eliminated some furnishings, all magazines and toys, all fabric patient chairs, and most books. This is in keeping with BCCDC recommendations to improve space for physical distancing and reduce risk of spread of the virus.
- Washrooms are available if needed. Please perform hand hygiene upon entering and exiting the washroom.
- Please practice good respiratory hygiene. Cough or sneeze into your arm or a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately, then wash or sanitize your hands.
- Do your best to maintain physical distancing of 2 meters or more between yourself and others. We have placed stickers on the floor and posters in the clinic to remind you of these precautions and to help you be aware of where to stand.
Payment & Re-booking
- If you have entered a credit card into our Jane app booking software, we can complete payment using the app. We just need a thumbs up from you after confirming the fees.
- We encourage email receipts, however the BCCDC has advised that it is very low risk to provide you with a paper receipt, and so we will do so if requested.
- Please stand behind the plexiglass barriers when interacting with our front desk staff for payment and re-booking. The stickers on the floor are to help you locate the right spot.
- We can also accept payment using our POS system in the clinic if you prefer. We have a Tap option available if your credit card has that feature, and can do it through the plexiglass barrier. If you are paying an amount over $250, you will need to insert your card and enter your PIN. We have plastic covers that we will clean between uses to keep you safe.
Exiting the Clinic
- Use the hand sanitizer at the door before exiting the clinic.
Dispensary/Supplement Ordering and Pickup/Delivery
Delivery will continue at patient request. Delivery is FREE on orders over $100. Otherwise the delivery fee is $13. We recommend you take advantage of this service, especially for larger orders. Deliveries happen once a week on Wednesdays.
Pickup: If you prefer to pickup, please call us (ext 2) or email email@example.com with the items and quantity you are purchasing. We will send a bill via our Jane app for online payment OR you can request we call for payment and processing via our POS in the clinic. Pickup is at our Dockside location, available Monday to Thursday, 10-4, and Friday 10 – 1pm.
The is currently operating at a reduced schedule. Please visit the booking page for availability: