Bubble-Friendly Neck Pain Prevention Classes.
This class is appropriate for anyone experiencing a stiff neck, tight muscles, tension headaches. Whether you’re working a desk job or a studying student, or simply wanting to improve your posture and overall well being, this class is for you.
When and Where:
3 classes for up to 3 people
Once weekly, held at our Westside Location
Time: 5:30 to 6:30 pm (both classes)
Tuesdays October 13th, 20th, 27th – With Marina Insley, Athletic Therapist Marina Insley, Athletic Therapist, for people in the same social bubble.
Wednesdays October 14th, 21st, 28th – With Conor Michiel, Kinesiologist Conor Michiel, Kinesiologist, for individuals or people in the same social bubble.
Great idea for a family unit, or friends in a social bubble, we are limiting to 3 people to keep classes safe. This also means you get A LOT of time with our professional instructors.
Each class is designed to build upon the skills learned in the preceding classes, and to provide you with the tools to manage your neck pain, improve your postural awareness, and enhance your quality of life. So you can do more, with fewer limitations!
Week 1. Stretching and Rolling.
Learn how to properly stretch your neck and back to prevent tension soreness and headaches.
Week 2. Intro to Strengthening and Proprioception.
Begin safe strengthening of the neck, shoulders, and back while building a mind/muscle connection.
Week 3. Advanced strengthening and endurance.
Further strengthening of the back, neck and shoulders, with a focus on building muscular endurance.
Why focus on the neck?
Think about your daily routine: just about everything we do is in front of us. Driving, working, texting, eating, etc. Because of this, we often forget about our posture; our head becomes forward-resting, and our shoulders rolled forward. Ever sat at your desk and noticed a headache come on? Or how about waking up with a stiff and sore neck in the morning? Everyday tasks can slowly cause mechanical changes in the upper thoracic and cervical spine segments, resulting in pain and injury.
Did you know: when the head is resting in a forward position, it can add roughly 40lbs of load on the neck! Over time, deep neck stabilizers become weak and are overpowered by bigger muscles. And, because the deep muscles are weak, minor strains in the tissues can occur, which may then cause soreness, tension headaches, or even jaw pain!
This class focuses not only on treating issues with the neck, but provides you with the tools to prevent pain and stiffness, while strengthening crucial structures.
What to expect
- Three weeks of three 1 hour interactive sessions revolving around safe and effective neck pain relief and postural awareness.
- Learn how to not only make progress towards less neck tension and being pain free, but the steps necessary to prevent future aches and pain.
- Improved state of mind, productivity and attitude towards everyday life by managing your neck pain.
- A take-home handout listing and explaining the exercises for future reference and lasting results.
- Friendly and qualified instructors that will explain the significance of each exercise and make sure none of your questions go unanswered. The instructors are Conor Michiel (BCAK Practicing Kinesiologist) or Marina Insley (CAT(c) Athletic Therapist).
- A safe, inviting environment where everyone is welcome.
- All participants will be wearing a mask 😷
Investment – $100 plus GST for 3 classes.
Click here to book on our Jane app OR Call 250-475-1522 ext 1