Acacia Health is looking to expand virtual and in-person counselling services to our clients!
We are looking for a team-oriented counsellor to join our multidisciplinary team. Our offices are based out of Vic West, in Victoria, BC.
At Acacia Health we value natural, science-based approaches to health and wellness. We care about the health of our patients and our practitioners. Our team is forward thinking, evidence-based, and committed to provide trustworthy, up-to-date advice.
Acacia Health has been offering clinical counselling in our community for over 10 years. We have supported our counsellors who became fully virtual during the pandemic. As a result, our administrators have become extremely proficient in managing online therapy services for a variety of clinician type. Our medical platform, JaneApp, also has a built in video chat service.
Here you can expect:
- Supportive administration and fellow clinicians
- Welcoming and drama-free culture
- Learning opportunities and reimbursement
- Flexibility to build the practice of your dreams
We offer two attractive compensation packages:
- Commissioned employee with competitive rates. Folks who choose this option will benefit from:
- Continuing education allowance
- Health Benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Commissioned employees still retain the ability to have write-offs for tax purpose
- Independent Contractor. Percentage split that is competitive and fair.
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for Counsellors interested in operating remotely and/or in-person; we are accepting application from clinicians anywhere within BC
- Interest in servicing client referrals from and collaboration with our existing practitioners
- Have clear communication, sound judgment, and empathic ability to establish therapeutic relationships
- Practice professional boundaries
- Open to continuous learning and development
Special interest/training an asset:
- EMDR training, or interest in taking EMDR training.
- CBT and DBT training
- Support of those recovering from concussions, traumatic injuries
Benefits of working with Acacia Health?
- Full-time front end staff, online booking, comfortable and safe feeling counselling room
- A team of professionals in a fun and welcoming environment
- Warm and professional support staff invested in you and your patients’ success
- Direct billing for ICBC clients seeking counselling services
- Easy access to our cloud-based platform, JaneApp, where you can provide video sessions
- Fully supported clinician environment, so you can focus on working with your patients better
- Flexibility on scheduling, and ability to set your own rates
- A great sense of community & support
- Acacia hosts regular “Learn-Ins” where we bring a guest speaker in to speak on a variety of topics
Candidate must have:
- Current malpractice insurance
- Member of, or in the process of becoming a member of, the BCACC (RCC), or the CCPA (CCC)
Please send us your CV and a cover letter outlining what you would bring to the team! We look forward to meeting you!
Contact: Graham Robertson
Start Date: As soon as we find the right person
- Please note: Acacia Health offers direct billing for counselling services through ICBC but not WorkSafeBC or CVAP