Acacia Health is looking to expand its virtual counselling services to our clients!
We are looking for a team-oriented counsellor to join our multidisciplinary team; however, our offices are based out of Vic West, in Victoria, BC.
At Acacia Health we value natural, science-based approaches to health and wellness. We care about the health of our patients and our practitioners. Our team is forward thinking, evidence-based, and committed to provide trustworthy, up-to-date advice.
Acacia Health has been offering clinical counselling in our community for nearly 15 years. We have supported our counsellors who became fully virtual during the pandemic. As a result, our administrators have become extremely proficient in managing online therapy services for a variety of clinician type. Our medical platform, JaneApp, also has a built in video chat service.
Here you can expect:
- Supportive administration and fellow clinicians
- Welcoming and healthy, inclusive culture
- Learning opportunities and reimbursement
- Flexibility to build the practice of your dreams
We are looking for a counsellor who:
- Is interested in operating remotely; we are accepting application from clinicians anywhere within BC
- Practices EMDR, as we currently have a very high demand for this therapy
- Can address a range of mental health challenges (e.g.: anxiety, depression, stress, trauma, chronic pain, chronic illness, grief, PTSD, ICBC)
- Has interest in servicing client referrals from and collaboration with our existing practitioners
- Have clear communication with administrative team and clients, sound judgment, and empathic ability to establish therapeutic relationships.
- Practice professional boundaries & open to continuous learning and development
Special interest/training an asset:
- CBT and DBT training
- Interest and experience in offering couples counselling
- Experience in working with the queer community
We offer two attractive compensation packages:
- Commissioned employee with competitive rates. Folks who choose this option will benefit from:
- Continuing education allowance
- Health Benefits
- Flexible schedule
- Commissioned employees still retain the ability to have write-offs for tax purpose
- Independent Contractor. Percentage split that is competitive and fair.
Benefits of working with Acacia Health?
- Full-time front end staff, online booking, comfortable and safe feeling counselling room
- A team of professionals in a fun and welcoming environment
- Warm and professional support staff invested in you and your patients’ success
- Direct billing for ICBC clients seeking counselling services
- Easy access to our cloud-based platform, JaneApp, where you can provide video sessions
- Fully supported clinician environment, so you can focus on working with your patients better
- Flexibility on scheduling, and ability to set your own rates
- A great sense of community & support
- Have current malpractice insurance
- Be a member of the BCACC (RCC), or the CCPA (CCC)
Please send us your CV and a cover letter outlining what you would bring to the team! We look forward to meeting you!
Contact: Julianna Sayers
Start Date: As soon as we find the right person
- Please note: Acacia Health offers direct billing for counselling services through ICBC but not WorkSafeBC or CVAP