Far-Infrared (FIR) Saunas use infrared energy to increase body temperature, encourage sweating, and improve circulation.
Repeated heating and sweating through infrared sauna therapy:
- Improves circulation
- Speeds up metabolism and may facilitate weight loss
- Improves tissue oxygenation and wound healing
- Reduces pain
- Improves skin function and tone
Heat from an infrared sauna penetrates deeper into the body than traditional saunas. This causes sweating at lower ambient temperatures and enhances circulation in deeper tissue levels. In general, FIR saunas are more comfortable than regular saunas, as the air remains cooler and easier to breath.
What are the benefits?
Repeated FIR Sauna therapy has many studied benefits, including:
- Improved heart function and vascular health in patients with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) (2, 6, 8, 11)
- Reduced pain, fatigue and stiffness in people with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis (1)
- Reduced pain in patients with Fibromyalgia (4, 5)
- Increase nitric oxide levels in the body in general (improves oxygenation of tissues, removal of wastes) (8)
- Reduced stress and increased relaxation
Who may benefit?
People with the following conditions and concerns may benefit from repeated FIR Sauna Therapy:
- Fibromyalgia (4, 5)
- Chronic Pain(4)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (1)
- Congestive Heart Failure (6, 8, 11)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (1)
- Depression and Stress (10)
- Athletic recovery (5)
Book now for your Far-Infrared Sauna session.
- Infrared sauna in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. A pilot study showing good tolerance, short-term improvement of pain and stiffness, and a trend towards long-term beneficial effects.
- Effects of repeated sauna treatment on ventricular arrhythmias in patients with chronic heart failure.
- The effects of repeated thermal therapy for two patients with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- The effects of repeated thermal therapy for patients with chronic pain.
- Efficacy of Waon therapy for fibromyalgia.
- Effects of far-infrared sauna bathing on recovery from strength and endurance training sessions in men.
- Effects of sauna bath on heart failure: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Repeated thermal therapy improves impaired vascular endothelial function in patients with coronary risk factors.
- Effect of Waon therapy on oxidative stress in chronic heart failure.
- Repeated thermal therapy diminishes appetite loss and subjective complaints in mildly depressed patients.
- Far-infrared saunas for treatment of cardiovascular risk factors